Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Baby Shower For Me!!!!




I could hardly believe that the ladies in the church wanted to give me a baby shower for Luke and Grace. It is the last thing I ever expected, but a complete fulfillment of a desire in my heart. After the dedication, the put on a whole Italian Feast and shower for me. I was absolutely overwhelmed by their sincere hearts and generosity. 30 ladies showed up for the shower. I shared about how we adopted the kids and about foster care. Then, they "showered" me with gifts, gift cards and cash. I recieved gift cards to Fred Meyer, Kohls, Walmart and Target, an along with the cash that I was given, it totaled over $250 dollars. I could hardly believe their generosity. But, the gifts I was given was incredible too. I thought I was going to be buying the kids some summer outfits for their birthdays next month, but not now. Luke got 4 pairs of pants, 8 shirts, 1 heavy hoodie, 1 pair of church shorts for Easter, 1 pair of Cars pj's, and 1 sweater, along with bubbles, tools, kinex toy, an Easter book and puzzles. Gracie got: 6 complete outfits with pants, t-shirts and hoodies, 1 summer skort with matching top, 1 pair of princess pj's and 1 princess night gown, puzzles, dress up clothes (including a pink glitter boa), a princess book, bubbles and more kitchen accessories. I am still shocked and overwhelmed with how blessed we truly are.


"The Lord is God, and He has made His light shine upon us. . .You are my God, and I will give you thanks." Psalms 118

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...