Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We Start Them Young...

Well, Luke had his first official day of riding motorbikes. Luke's cousin Ethan was kind enough to share his quad with him. Although, I am absolutely certain that we will be the proud owner of yet another motorbike soon. I can't believe how absolutely adorable he looks. And the helmet....it kills me :)
Luke had an awesome day and loved telling me all about it when I got home from training.

Speaking of training, I have been at a new educators teacher training this week for Vancouver Public Schools. I didn't really know what to expect, but WOW!!! I have only ever been to an orientation for the Christian Schools, so I had no frame of reference. Not only are we getting paid for attending, they have been giving us free stuff and prizes and catered lunches. I can't wait until Thursday because Beaches is catering. Yeah! We have been given so much information and breakout trainings. It has been a great experience. Today, I picked up the keys to my room and met with the new building principal. I started moving furniture around and making it my own. It is really awesome. Vancouver Public Schools does a great job of taking care of their teachers. The new superintendent this year really believes strongly in early childhood education. He and his wife have adopted two children. A little girl from China and a baby boy from the Congo. I really believe in their (I guess it is mine now too) mission statement and the direction for the district. I am really excited about this upcoming school year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...