Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Human Pin Cushion

Ok. I was naive. I thought I had experienced enough of white coat lab workers drawing my blood in the past, that running a few tests wouldn't be a big deal. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. After a phone conference with Dr. Patton we are running some more test. I went in last week to begin. I should have known something was going on when she had all these tubes on a tray. Great. How many tubes well 8 to start with. I have never had that much blood taken at one time. I have never had any problems with them taking my blood; however, this time was a little different. After about tube 6 I started to get light headed and the room began to spin. Stars starting appearing infront of my eyes. Great. I thought for sure I was going to pass out. I fought it and was ok. Although they made me sit there for quite awhile before they wanted me to get up. I went back yesterday for the rest of the tests. If they had taken all of them at one time that would have been 11 tubes of blood. I would have passed out for certain.

What are they testing for....fertility things. In all honesty, I really can't tell you for sure. They ran a lupus pannel to let them know all sorts of things from a blood clotting disorder to an autoimmune disorder. They ran glucose and prolactin. So far all the test results I have received are normal. That is good. Still waiting on some more results to come back. My right arm may be badly bruised, but not my spirit.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I too have been a human pin cushion!!! It is no fun!!! I feel your pain!!! I hope you get the results soon!!

Carissa said...

Yes, I did get the results. Everything is normal. They want to put me on a medication, but in order to start they want to run two more labs. I couldn't believe I am going to have to go through more testing!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...