Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

I was explaining faith to my almost 6 year old tonight as we said good night and I was reminded of the verse in Hebrews. His response, "what do we not see?" Faith is so necessary in our relationship with God. It is a driving force. So much of what we do requires faith and a belief in the in "unseen".

God has been speaking to our hearts some things that require a lot of faith. At times I think that it might require too much faith. But can a person really have too much faith? And I am reminded of what the bible says about faith in James chapter 2, "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." I continue to pray for clarity regarding issues that require large amounts of faith. I know that I never want to come to a place in my life where I no longer give God authority to speak to me about my life.

This year I organized the 30 hour famine for our youth group. It has been a completely life changing experience. I guess I didn't expect it to have the profound impact on my life that it has had. I have been challenged in several different ways especially to examine my selfishness. My eyes have been open to the hurt/death/poverty/disease and famine that is occurring all around the United States. The statistics are staggering. We have been blessed as a nation with so much. I think sometimes we don't stop and appreciate and are truly thankful for what we have been given.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...