Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

I was explaining faith to my almost 6 year old tonight as we said good night and I was reminded of the verse in Hebrews. His response, "what do we not see?" Faith is so necessary in our relationship with God. It is a driving force. So much of what we do requires faith and a belief in the in "unseen".

God has been speaking to our hearts some things that require a lot of faith. At times I think that it might require too much faith. But can a person really have too much faith? And I am reminded of what the bible says about faith in James chapter 2, "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." I continue to pray for clarity regarding issues that require large amounts of faith. I know that I never want to come to a place in my life where I no longer give God authority to speak to me about my life.

This year I organized the 30 hour famine for our youth group. It has been a completely life changing experience. I guess I didn't expect it to have the profound impact on my life that it has had. I have been challenged in several different ways especially to examine my selfishness. My eyes have been open to the hurt/death/poverty/disease and famine that is occurring all around the United States. The statistics are staggering. We have been blessed as a nation with so much. I think sometimes we don't stop and appreciate and are truly thankful for what we have been given.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...