Saturday, October 24, 2009

Out with the old...In with the new...



Today I parted with my double stroller...silly I know. But in some ways it is parting with my old life. The life of foster care and babies coming and going. I can remember seeing Gracie and Sophie riding around the zoo and mall and all sorts of places in that stroller. I can remember Zackary screaming at me in Home Depot because he hated the stroller if he wasn't eating. We put more Target popcorn in those cup holders than any other snack.




But...today I said goodbye. Because my life is changing...my body is changing...my heart is changing...our lives our changing. Today I said goodbye to the double stroller and hello to the single stroller. You see, when the babe arrives, Grace will be 5 years old...and if you know anything about Grace... you know how independent she is. She would rather walk everywhere, and touch everything than be confined to the stroller or shopping cart. We don't need the double stroller anymore. No use keeping it for memory's sake (even though I loved that stroller). So, I did what any good mommy would do...bid goodbye to the double (sold it) and bought the single in the same make and brand as the double.
I was going to register for the single, but I needed the one that would fit my infant seat, and they were clearancing out the red one (I love the color red) so I made my first purchase for the baby. A single "red" stroller. I practiced pushing it around the house wondering what adventures the baby and I would have while the two older ones will be in school. Probably trips to the doctors, strolls around the mall and of course trips with the big kids, to the zoo, the fair...Disneyland. I am trying hard not to hurry things along, but the truth is I can't wait to meet this little person within.

2 comments:

Shelly Cunningham said...

I am so excited for you! I can't imagine what it will be like for me to {someday} sell my double stroller... I know what you mean about all the memories. But good for you for thinking of all the NEW memories you will make in the single stroller. Can't wait to find out what you are having!

Sarah Rufener said...

Wow!!! How exciting for you and Mark!!! I can't wait to meet this new little one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...