Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday...


I know I spend a lot of my time venting about my worries, troubles and the things that I am anxious about. But today...I wanted to focus on the things that really matter. The things that at the end of the day are constant and have eternal meaning and value. Today I push aside the worries of my world and focus on the things that I am TRULY thankful for.

MY KIDS.....there was a time in my life where I doubted I would be a mom. Everyone around was pregnant and having babies and I was barren. I spent so much time PLEADING with God to allow me to be a mother. After a LONG journey, I was a mommy to LUKE and then GRACE and now ISABELLA. They bring me the most incredible joy and I am blessed to call them MINE.

I am especially thankful that God allowed me to give birth to BELLA. It was an incredible experience and I will be forever moved and awed by LIFE.


I am thankful for KARATE, which has allowed LUKE to find that he is AWESOME at martial arts. It is a POSITIVE addition to his activities. One that doesn't include doctors, tests, eye drops, etc.




I am thankful for BALLET which allows Grace to have something ALL to her OWN. It gives her a chance to play "princess" for 45 long minutes one time a week. It is something we can do together and nothing puts a smile on my face more than watching her happiness in the class. Which leads me into my next thankful....see her cute outfit???? Auntie Katie and Uncle D bought it for her. I am super THANKFUL for AUNTIES and UNCLES who spoil my kids.









Uncle D and Aunt Katie have been such a blessing at times and they don't even know it. Their little cards and packages they send in the mail make all the difference to this Mommy. Their thoughtfulness and selflessness to my kids is so appreciated. I also just appreciate knowing that I can call them anytime and they will listen and pray.



Even though at times I have a bad attitude about everything Luke goes through, I am SO grateful and thankful for places like Legacy Emmanuel and Legacy Salmon Creek Hospitals. I thank the Lord that we live in a country that has excellent medical care and for therapies that can help my children.












I am thankful for HAPPY babies and FUNNY daughters who keep me on my toes....like babies who pull every diaper wipe out of the containers, or little girls who decided to put lip gloss all over their face, arms, legs and hair after they go to bed at night :)





I am thankful for MIMI's, and grandma's and people who are like grandma's to my kids. Not only do they SPOIL my kids, they provide support to me (even when it is American Idol nights). They provide blessings that can't be counted, like date nights, breaks and help after surgery, to backpacks when you couldn't afford them and Halloween costumes and baby formula EVERY week. They are the answered prayers of a mom's pleading to God for provision.







I am also so THANKFUL for FAMILY. Even though we live so far apart. I am so thankful for each one of you and for your prayers and support in my life. Thank you for helping me have such a great childhood and such a great foundation for my life. I count it a privilege. My biggest WISH would be to replicate it for my kids.




But my BIGGEST thankful for this THURSDAY is for the man I married. For which without him, my life wouldn't be great or complete. He LOVES me, he LOVES our kids. He has a big HEART for helping people and I just can't say enough good things about him. I love you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...