Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Luke's Book

Luke has this awesome interest in making and writing in books (or white computer paper he staples together).  He loves to sit in his bed at night and write and write and write (which just thrills this teacher mommy's heart!)
Yesterday, while he was playing or resting (he's been sick) I found his latest book he has been writing in.

He titled it "My Days".  It reads:  "Dad takes me to do fun stuf.  and cool stuf. like golf or shooting, or football.  And we play together, and go bike riding together and going fishing.  Today Mom and Dad are taking me to a rashtront (restaurant) and I found a dead phone last night (my old cell phone).  I am keeping it.  We are going to a rashtront.  Tomorrow I am going to school and home.  I mite go on a bike ride, and sleep in to (I would LOVE that Luke!).  On Tuesday I am going to play the Wii or twister or truble or nerf or play with the baby.  On Wednesday I am going to krody (karate) with Theron (boy in his class) and sleep in (there it is again!).  And play nerf on the Wii or play outside with Grace.  We fite (fight) together.  Not the fiting (fighting) with swerds (swords).  On Thursday I am going to therapy at the hosebitl (hospital) with Joy (his therapist).  We have fun together and play games together like skitball (?) On Friday I am going to school or staying home.  I think I am going to school on Friday.  On Saturday I think we are going to bul (bowl).  On Sunday we are going to cherch (church).  Mimi will come over to are hose (house) or not.  On Monday I go to school every day exept (except) for Sunday and Saterday.  On Tuesday I go to school it is fun. **** BUT there is a buly (bully) in my class.  His name is Hunter.  He pretens (pretends) to punch me.  He lafes (laughs) at me win I take a penny off my name bord (board).  He is not nice to me and he calls me stuped (stupid) every day. This is my sher (share) day today. But I have a cold and can't go to school.  My dad is nice but Hunter cales (calls) me stinky pants. But I ignor (ignore) him.*****  On Wednesday it is a hafe (half) day and we are lerning (learning) dividion (division).  On Thursday I get out of school ely (early).   I have therapy. We play together.  I thror (throw) ben bags (bean bags) in a target.  It is fun.  We do table work.  On Friday my dad takes the day off on fridays.  He us (used) to take tusdays and mondays off.  He got bumbed (bumped) to the 221 job.  But he us (used) to work on the 227.  He is going to get col (coal) for me.  On Saturday my dad hase (has) to work. It's (yes he used a contraction!  Go Luke!) sad. On Sunday Mimi come's(now he wants to use them alot) over on Sunday.


I honestly can't believe that he wrote all of that with NO help from Mark or myself.  I must admit I teared up reading about him describe being bullied everyday at school.  How is that ok? or acceptable?  Why must the bigger prey on the little and the different?  My heart breaks that he gets on the bus each morning knowing what awaits him the classroom.  I talk with all the teachers all the time and there never seems to be an resolution to the issue.  I have seen this boy in action and I have no doubts that he knows how to push Luke's buttons.  I just bothers me that with all of Luke's OTHER issues (glaucoma, tourette's, ADHD, sensory processing, auditory processing, microcephaly, etc.) that he HAS to deal with this kid.  Makes me MAD.  He tells me he gets picked on when he leaves the classroom early to go to various therapies and OT with us on Thursdays.  Please pray for wisdom for Mark and I as we discuss the educational future of one VERY exceptional child!

1 comment:

joykos said...

What an awesome book he made by himself in his free time! Woah! I hate that schools don't to more about bullying. I have been learning about it some in my gender class.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...