Saturday, August 15, 2009

Guess What?????


Surprise!!! We're pregnant. I am in my 6th week and it has already been a roller coaster. First off things are absolutely fine and normal (praise the Lord), but I am being monitored weekly by OHSU infertility consultants in Portland (one of the top rated practices in the United States). I have had my blood drawn more times than I can count and I have already had two ultrasounds. Yes, there is only "one" baby. The baby has a heartbeat (saw it on Thursday). This is truly a miracle of God, as months ago I did not respond to medication to help us get pregnant, and we were told we would need to pursue other options IUI and IVF (things neither Mark nor I felt called too). But God had other ideas and decided to prove those doctors wrong and say "hey, I am still God and in control". Even with my history, I am relaxed and confident that God is in complete control, and I am doing everything within my power and the rest is up to God.

I am on so much medication right now my day goes by what meds I need to take. Some of the meds are normal like prenatals and folic acid, some is not like prometrium, baby aspirin and metformin (all to help me keep the baby).

Yes, I am already having morning sickness (although I wish it was just morning sickness, I feel bad most of the day). I feel terrible, but I keep hearing how good it is to feel this way. It is a nice reminder.

We told our kids today, so it is no longer a secret. Luke had been very worried about me (to the point of tears), so we figured that we would tell them. They could of cared less. But at least he knows that I am OK. So that is the news. We would appreciate your prayers during this incredible walk of faith for us. Thank you.

5 comments:

Shelly Cunningham said...

Carissa,
Congratulations! The last two months I found myself thinking of you constantly & wondering what, if anything, I could say... there was nothing I could come up with, so I just prayed for you. And I will continue to do so. I just can't believe it!

Carissa Dahl said...

Thank you for your prayers. I know that God was the author of this miracle. It really means a lot to me that you have been praying. Thank you so much! I love reading your blog too. I love hearing about the boys.

Sarah Rufener said...

Congrats cousin!!! I will be praying for you and Mark.

joykos said...

I am so happy for you!!! What an amazing answer to prayer! I wish I could give you hugs right now!

The Three Little Bears said...

Congrats! You are on the right medications! I used metformina and baby aspirin myself (along with natural progesterone cream). I wasn't willing to do more than that either.

Definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you this time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...