Monday, June 6, 2011

The Miracle Trip

Two weeks from today, we will be at the Happiest Place On Earth!!!  I am so excited I can hardly stand it, but I have yet to pack a thing (although I do have piles for organization).  I need to grab the suitcases out of the attic.
 Disneyland 2006

 Disneyland 2007

Disneyland 2010

The kids are very excited as well and keep asking me "how many sleeps?"  I told them we need to make a countdown chain.  :)  Even though the kids don't understand, my heart is grateful for this opportunity.  You see, finances have been very tight and difficult this past year.  There have been many expenses and with me not working much of the year, the financial pressure has felt heavy at times.  With Luke's therapy needs, medical bills and my tonsillectomy, it has seemed too much at times.  There was no way a couple of months ago that I thought we would be taking a trip ANYWHERE.

THEN....out of the blue...we receive a phone call.  A few people had gotten together and decided that they WERE GOING TO PAY for our family to take a trip to Disneyland.  I was SPEECHLESS!!! I couldn't believe that these people were doing this for us.  They told me that they wanted Luke to be able to enjoy Disneyland again right NOW.  That he needed a vacation away and a break from ALL the medical stuff in his life.  The only thing they asked is that we kept them anonymous.  I have no idea if they read my blog, but if they do....thank you from this incredibly grateful mommy's heart.  I am so thrilled for this break and trip and will LOVE and ENJOY every moment.  Thank you for this most awesome blessing and for investing in my children's lives.  And for allowing us to make life-long memories with them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...