Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy To Be Home "School's Out"

 Last Friday, the kiddos and I bid farewell to a school year.  
 Last parties were attended...
 Final programs were performed...
 One last field trip was taken....
 A moment to gather and say goodbye...
As I sit here tonight, I continue to process and reflect on this last nine months.  What a whirlwind it has been.  Many lessons were learned not by just student, but teacher also.  It was a very difficult school year for me.  In my six years of teaching, this was the most challenging class I have ever had. The challenges at work were met with challenges at home trying to balance mom and teacher.  I am afraid I did not do a very good job at balancing it all.   I am proud that I survived the school year, but I happy to reclaim my full time role as "mom" again.  Many projects were left on the back burner this school year, and I am excited to reclaim them and move forward.  I can feel change in the air...changing from school schedule to summer....my heart is so happy at home.  It really is the most wonderful place!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...