Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Weeks #8 & #9 @ The Dahlhouse: Snow, Check-Ups and Colds

I am still marveling that this little bundle of love is now TWO!!!  Wasn't this just yesterday? Seriously!
Weeks 8 & 9 were filled with some very cold weather, which included snow.  The kids were thrilled by a snow day, early release and a late start.  Mark took them sledding and B enjoyed rolling up a snowman and giving him a gigantic carrot nose.  When the snow did finally melt, the carrot laid in our front lawn just waiting for some animal to discover it.


Dispite the snow, Man Cub and I ventured to the doctor's office to meet with Dr. Miller for Matthew's 2 year well child check.  I am proud that Matthew is allowing them to examine him, weigh him and look in his ears without protesting and whaling.  However, he scrunches up his sweet little face and the tears roll down his cheeks as he says, "ow ow ow" followed by "nope nope nope".  I dare you to not laugh at his sweet little protests.  He truly is joy!

Toddler life is in full swing around the Dahlhouse.  Dumped plates of food, thrown toys and tantrums are normal parts of our days.
Bella has taken to crafting these days and I couldn't believe this sweet, sweet poster she made for Mark.  It reads, "No one is like you Dad.  You are the heart of the family." I can always count on Bella to encourage someone.
Too much partying in the crib...
How sweet did these pictures turn out???

And this one just makes me cry...


The girls attended their 2nd annual father daughter dance.  I love this so much.  They both got their nails done and picked out a restaurant to go to before the dance.
While they were away, the boys and I cuddled up on the couch for Luke's first inaugural watching of The Fast and The Furious.


One of my sweet children begged and pleaded with me for a box of Lucky Charms, which I normally do not buy.  Said child had a lot of fun making leprechaun traps for hours. She gently made a trail with marshmallows and wished for the best before she went to bed.  Dad to the rescue...when he saw the leprechaun trap that evening after returning home from work he left a gold coin for her.  I love her creativity.  Then, when I asked yesterday morning if she would like a bowl of her coveted Lucky Charms cereal, she looked at me like I had four heads and said, "I don't even like that cereal."  Sheesh!  So I poured myself a bowl, and vowed not to give in next time.  Haha.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...