Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Life @ The Dahlhouse: Week 1

The first week of 2019 started like all the other first weeks of the year, Mark and I celebrating our wedding anniversary on the 2nd.  Look at those adorable kids above!  Seriously...we look like we are 15!  There were so many people who told us to wait, that we wouldn't make it (aren't people encouraging), that we were "wasting" our best years.  There were a few (a handful) that believed in us and our marriage and encouraged us. I'm so glad I listened to them.  20 years later here we are!  Still very much in love.  A post is coming on how we are celebrating our 20th Anniversary, and it is going to be a BIG celebration for us...because when you are married for 20 years you go BIG! 
Bella started back to Cornerstone after the winter break.  I had been homeschooling her for the past three months.  Private school isn't cheap, and when I resigned from my job, I didn't think we could afford it.  But with some creative thinking and support, we were able to have her return.  I enjoyed every moment I spent with her, and she was such a great little homeschooler; however, the load I carry with Mark traveling with BNSF is heavy.  Mark rarely has opinions on school.  When he does I listen, and he shared with that he was worried with how much I have taken on and that he really wanted Bella to return to her class up the street.  So we set off to make that happen.  The adjustment back to the classroom has honestly been a little bumpy.  She is very attached to me, and she has experienced some separation anxiety.  But we keep talking, and have some strategies in place to help her.  She truly enjoys her friends and has a great teacher.




New year equals clean out and organize everything.  I have a huge pile of stuff to donate in the garage, and had more bags of trash than can fit in the trash can.  I got this super cute toy organizer for Matthew.  He doesn't have any toys up in his room.  We keep everything down stairs.  So all his cars, trucks and train track fit nicely in this IKEA organizer.  Bonus...it is short and he can reach everything (I don't have to worry about him pulling over a piece of furniture on himself). 

I am looking forward to all of what 2019 has.  I am so thankful for Mark and the kids.  They are my whole world.  I really am the luckiest.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...