Monday, February 3, 2020

An Award, Snow and Fighting Depression: Week Three

Mark is incredibly humble.  Do you know of anyone like that?  A person who is faithful, trustworthy and does the right thing.  Well...that describes my Mark.  He came home from one of his trips to Pasco, and gave his award to me.  He told me that he was presented this award for reporting a man he saw wandering on the tracks.  Because of his great description,and reporting right away to the police, the man was apprehended.  This man was actually a wanted fugitive.  I’m incredibly proud of his accomplishments with BNSF.  We celebrated by buying him a new railroad bag.  He has wanted this one for awhile and I am so happy that he bought it.
In week 3 we saw some snow!  It snowed off and on during the week.  The kids had a couple of late starts and one snow (rain) day.  Wasn’t quite sure why we had that off.  It has a been an incredibly mild winter this year so far.  
Isn’t preschool art the best?  I am LOVING all the art work that Matthew is bringing home these days.  It takes me back to my days as a Special Education Preschool Teacher.  

Seriously...how adorable is the snowflake?
Matthew has been very attached to Mark.  He cries and cries when Mark has to go to work.  “I want you to stay with me!”  He pleads.  It is so sad.  They are the best of friends.  However, as soon as he realizes Mark is now away at work, he is back glued to my side.
Bella and Matthew genuinely have a wonderful relationship. He adores and copies EVERYTHING she does and she LOVES calling all the shots.  Do any of your children have a special bond with a sibling?
If you wonder what Matthew has been up to these days, he is stamping all.the.things.  I have gotten more done while he stamps away on paper, and the counter, and quite possibly covering his hands.  Hey it’s sensory right?!?  
And we cannot forget my most feisty, crazy, up for a laugh, daughter of mine!  Gah....she literally has me crying from laughing so hard.  I’m telling you...God put her in my life for some comic relief, and to remember to not take myself so seriously.
And I need that little spit fire!  The end of week 3 found me struggling with depression.  Ahh.  It flairs it’s ugly head at the weirdest of moments.  Sometimes it comes out of nowhere, and other times I can feel it creeping it’s way up and over me.  Perhaps, it is because January is the longest month of the year and it has rained every.single.day of the month.  Or maybe because the load I am carrying at times feels too heavy to take another step.  But maybe because I am human, and realizing that sometimes it’s okay to not be okay.  I’m more gentle with myself now.  I have my therapist, and my peeps that I call and feel safe enough to share really, honestly, how I feel.  I have my meds and vitamin D, and trying to take walks outside between the downpours.  And I know it isn’t forever.  The sun will shine again.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...