Friday, February 14, 2020

Substitute Teaching, Siblings and Potty Training: Week Four

Do you have a goal(s) for yourself?  Things that speak to you that you are passionate about?  Mine is teaching.  Teaching for me has been a rocky journey.  Some years it was an amazing experience, and some years it was hard, messy and exhausting.  There have been times I swore I would never teach again.  However, this past year, I was able to remember and realize why I became a teacher.  It really started when I began walking Matthew to his class each day he had preschool.  We would walk past all the kindergarten and first grade classrooms.  I would peak in the large windows and admire the brightly colored classroom rugs and décor, and all the little desks/tables arranged just so.  I couldn't help but realize that it spoke to me, that teaching was more than just a career for me but a calling.  So, before Christmas, I began the paperwork process to become a substitute teacher with both the Evergreen and Battle Ground School Districts.  I had my first sub job a day after my paperwork was all processed and I was approved.  I still have dreams of having a classroom again.  Maybe someday I tell myself.



I enjoy those rare moments when all the sibs get along at the same time.  I took the girls out to lunch at the Spaghetti Factory, and found the boys playing guitars together.  Luke called themselves the "Rock and Roll Brothers".  They keep me on my toes and always laughing.

Mimi took us out to lunch after church on Sunday.  They love their Mimi!

This guy....so opinionated and so full of ideas.




I've been enjoying making fun activities for him to try now that we are on a break from therapy.  Most of them have been a hit.  He LOVES to stamp.  And he will stamp EVERYTHING!

We finished up week four trying some more potty training and failing miserably!  Anyone have any tips? Tricks? Miracles?  Seriously.  You think with kid #4 I would have this down by now.  But NOPE!  Not.Even.Close!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...