Friday, May 15, 2020

Quarantined: Coronavirus Day 61



Quarantine day 7582, or so it feels like it...What day is it today?  I could have sworn that yesterday was Friday and not Thursday.  How is life going where you are at?  We are here...we are surviving. My house is currently a mess, and I.have.given.up!  Want to get out all your trains?  Sure.  Want to rearrange your bedroom furniture?  Why not.  You want to use the glue gun for the first time?  No problem just don’t burn yourself too badly.  We aren’t going to the ER.  My defenses are permanently down and as long as they are getting along and happy I am ALL for it.  

Currently Miss B is in constant “project mode.”  She always has something up her sleeve and most of her conversations with me begin, “I know you might say no...” But lately “yes” has been the only thing coming out of my mouth.  This week has been popsicle sticks and glue gun week.  Y’all I literally had to use a butter knife to peel up the hot glue stuck to my floor.  I am certain I have no more glue gun sticks and we’ve been through a zillion sticks, but her heart is happy.

She has also asked me to teach her how to sew.  Now...my sewing are pretty basic, but it didn’t stop us from making a Pioneer girl dress and bonnet for her social studies class.


We’ve been having other adventures including jumping on the new trampoline.


 Buying concessions at our favorite local movie theatre and having family movie nights.

I even let the littles make slime.  And I HATE slime.

Backyard fishing...

Silly straw drinking...

New bicycle riding for this babe.

I was able to finish a photo book of our trip to Hawaii two years ago.  I really enjoyed making it; however, it only made me want to go to Hawaii more.

We’ve had several virtual doctor’s appointments and therapy appointments.  I’m telling you...I feel like the household manager keeping track of every Zoom meeting both educational, medical and therapy.
I was so happy to be able to celebrate Mother’s Day at a social distance with my mom and Roger.  It made me feel happy to see them and talk to them even though we couldn’t hug.  Mark BBQd and I set up this special social distance space for them and to honor mom on Mother’s Day.  We were able to FaceTime with my brother and sister and it was almost the perfect day.  It would have been perfect had David and Katie been with us.  I miss them so much.

Last weekend we had some great weather, and since neither Mark nor I are saying “no” to anything at this point, the littles talked him into blowing up their pool and floats.  And they swam the afternoon away.


Don’t let these happy pictures fool you and think things are just “picture perfect” around here. Because I am the first one to line up and tell you I am struggling.  Some days it is just plain difficult to get out of bed.  I even text my mom one day this week (can’t remember which ha!) that I knew today was going to be hard.  Each day feels the same as the next with very little variance.  The days Mark is home I feel a bit better and motivated to help him with anything he is working on.  Honestly, the kids school assignments, zoom meetings and moving from one kid to the next has zapped all my energy.  If there was an end date set on this quarantine I could talk myself up and make it through.  It’s all the unknowns that leave me feeling uneasy and sometimes panicky.  And then the what if’s show up... What if the kids don’t go back to school in the fall?  What if Mark gets laid off from work?  What if we get the Coronavirus?  I am finding it difficult to know what to believe.  What is truth and what is not, and how to navigate this new, weird world around us.  





2 comments:

Mary said...

Hey girlie!! So good to read all of your goings on! It is a strange world we live in but I am thankful that even in these crazy days we can trust that God will see us through the good the bad and the ugly!! I love you and pray for you and your sweet family!! ❤️ Auntie

Shelly Cunningham said...

You know it's bad when you're letting the kids make slime.
Haha!
I hate slime, too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...