Sunday, April 26, 2020

Quarantined: Coronavirus Day 42

Can I go to Target yet?  I am missing me some Target.  LOL.  Day 42 of quarantine.  In case any of you are curious, I am up to 63 loads of laundry during this quarantine.  My hair is a hot mess.  I missed my hair appointment by two days before the shut down. My nails are short, and the makeup I ordered from Macy’s two and half weeks ago has yet to come.  

To be honest, I had a good cry today.  Everyday just kind of feels the same.  Matthew was worried when he saw me cry.  “Why are you sad mom? I’ll make you feel better,” and he gives me a kiss.  Sweet babe.  I told him I was just done with the Coronavirus.  I miss my people.  I miss the kids’ school and play dates with friends.  I am trying to find the normal with Zoom school but man it is sooo not the same.  I am still grieving, like I am sure we are all grieving.  

I found out yesterday that our reservation at Great Wolf Lodge was cancelled.  It was scheduled for June 14.  They are opening up June 16.  Even though I kind of figured it would be cancelled, I was still sad.  I know we will reschedule for a later time, but it would have been nice to get away and go.  

Some days I feel like my life is cook a meal, clean a meal, cook a meal, clean a meal, cook a meal, clean up a meal.  Do they really need to eat again?!?!  I kid...but wow.  I feel like I haven’t ever done this much cooking.  

The kids are troopers.  I realize it is as difficult for them as it is for me.  Bella and walk the neighborhood in the evenings and she has decided she is redecorating our front porch and flower bed.  She feels designing is her calling.  Haha. That girl.  She has looked at all the houses in our neighborhood for inspiration.  She had me out weeding the flower bed with her yesterday so Mark would go to Lowe’s and buy all the flowers on her list.  Off Mark went to Lowe’s today and came home with flowers, shrubs and a gardening kit for Bella.  She has us both wrapped around her finger.  

This time shall pass, and things will go on...perhaps different than before, but I know life will continue.  I know I will be thankful for things that I once took for granted, like having lunch with my mom, the kids’ schools, eating a restaurant with my husband.  It is these things I keep in my thoughts and look to the future with hope.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...