Saturday, April 4, 2020

Quarantined: Coronavirus Day 20

Today has been hard.  I think we are all grieving in our different ways for things we have lost.  Teen girl desperately misses her friends and the mall.  Teen boy misses all the people on our block and the animals.  He misses school too.  Pre-teen girl misses her friends at school, and playing outside with her bestie on our block.  Man Cub misses Wal Mart and Great Wolf Lodge.  I am missing my support system, nail salon and hugging my mom.

I am hopeful with some nice weather heading our way this next week, that being outside and soaking in the vitamin D will help our moods improve a bit.  We do practice being thankful.  We have so much to be thankful for: a warm home, our health, food, a covered back patio and so much more.  But I know how important it is to acknowledge our feelings and feel them when they happen.  Grace upon grace...so much grace friends.

So instead of sharing all the difficult this past week...I want to share some joy.  Miss B is full of humor and comic relief when you need it.  I want to share just a few of the things she has said.  For the past several months, I have been writing down the hilarious things she says...who knows? Maybe someday I will write a book.

Without further ado here is Life According to Bella:

Getting out of the shower this week Bella says to me, "I'm becoming a real woman because I now need the hair towel."  

Mark talking to the kids about being thankful.
Mark: "I need you take what I am saying seriously."
Bella: "I can't take anything seriously."

Bella came into my bathroom this morning while I was getting ready for the day.
Bella: "Mom, Dad made breakfast again and it was better than last time.  Nothing was burnt.  He made French toast, bacon, and a side of Luke arguing about everything."

I was talking to Bella last week
Me: "Matthew seems happier now."
Bella: "That's because he's with the fun master!"

Luke and Bella talking about wanting Menchi's (frozen yogurt).  
Bella: "Oh, I haven't had Menchi's in forever!"
Luke: "I thought you can't have the dairy in the yogurt?"
Bella: "Oh well...I can power through it."

Bella announces to me, "Mom, I want to go to the Burj Khalifa."
Me: "what????"
Bella: "You know the tallest tower in the world in Dubai.  Hashtag goals."

I am so glad for the gift of my kids, even if they are difficult and drive me crazy at times.  They bring such joy and I am grateful for their companionship during this time.  Someday we will look back and see what a gift this was.

2 comments:

Shelly Cunningham said...

Bella sounds like a hoot! I'm so glad you have her there to make you smile!

Carissa Dahl said...

OMG Shelly!!! She regularly has me laughing so hard. I am so glad she is by my side right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...