Thursday, March 17, 2011

Evaluations


Evaluations....what are they really? A snapshot...an opinion...a thought...or are they an assessment given to summarize where a child is at, at a given moment? I am in the stage of waiting for all of these evaluations to come back on Luke. April 12th will be our day... mental note...need babysitter...mental note...need to take the day off work....the day we find out about Luke's evaluations. Over these last 35 days, Luke has been given all different types of evaluations. Some of them I am familiar with...some I am not. These data devices help us to plot out where Luke is on the Bell curve. We are looking to see how many standard deviations Luke falls from the norm. Anything over -1.5 standard deviations from the norm is a cause for a delay and needs to be addressed. They will have looked at and evaluated Luke's social/emotional/behavioral skills, cognitive skills, fine motor skills, academics, occupational therapy, sensory, speech and language, and medical history. I located, picked up and delivered all of Luke's medical records as requested. Glad I can check that off my list. I just keep praying and believing that all my hard work and effort will make a difference on his IEP (Individualized Education Program).

In other NEWS....I did 12 loads of laundry today. 7 loads I did at once at a laundromat. I have found myself so far behind that I just wanted it all finished. So I loaded up, and went washing. It was kind of fun.

Grace is getting an award in school. Bella will turn 1 next week and Luke will "officially" turn 8 next week. I am looking forward to Spring Break and planning to take the kids to some type of kid museum somewhere.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...