Sunday, March 31, 2013

Home...

"Home is the nicest word there is."~Laura Ingalls Wilder
I am officially HOME...Thursday came and went and I was quietly ushered into the world of stay at home mom.  It doesn't quite feel real to me yet.  Even as Monday approaches, it is spring break so I don't think it will really set in until the following Monday when I don't go back. 


I can tell it is going to take a bit of retraining my brain.  I am still dreaming about my job in my sleep, and I find myself thinking about the job quite a bit more than I thought I would.  I am still trying to process everything I have been through in the last nine months.  Then I remind myself that my job "isn't my worry anymore." 

My families really blessed my departure and I was humbled at the notes, cards and gifts that were given to remind me how much I did touch the lives of those little 9 people.  The kindest thing that was given to me was simply someones words...she said "and as a mother....thank you for knowing when to put your own children first."  I will never forget those words as long as I live.  They touched my soul.

The new teacher is ready to roll...she completely overhauled the classroom and was raring to go as I was trying to vacate my desk and move my remaining things out :)  The torch was handed off and I drove away down the freeway one more time. 
Peace...rest...balance...that is my job now for my life and my children's lives.  I have noticed I have really being sleeping hard these past several nights.  A deep, deep sleep like I can't remember having for such a long time.  I am reading books again and bought a new puzzle (cheesy I know).  It is Sunday and I am not stressed or preparing for a week of kids, teaching and trying to keep up.  The house is cleaner than it has been in a long time and I feel quiet.  Bella napped today and is up with me now but it doesn't bother me...I have nothing I NEED to accomplish right now. 

Mark is enjoying teasing me about being a "free loader" and "unemployed" and a "bum".  We just laugh and I like it.  We were both on the same page about me coming home but he is a tease :)

I just feel happy.  Happy about being in our little, wonderful, loud home. :)





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...