Sunday, January 21, 2018

Week 3 @ The Dahlhouse



Around here during week three, I found Man Cub lining up all the things.  He discovered lollipops and is very happy stealing them from anyone who has them.  He has started really repeating words that we say, which is very encouraging to me.  He has still yet to put two words together...but I am believing that time will come soon.  Meanwhile I enjoy his jibber jabber and sweet personality. 

I celebrated my one year anniversary with VIPKID. This is the online English tutoring company that I work for.  I can hardly believe that it has been one year.  I have taught approx. 670 classes and 270 different students.  Our family has been very blessed by the little extra income that comes in each month. 

Poor Miss B took a hard fall at recess this week.  I got a phone call from the office that she had cut open her lip and wanted to come home.  Can you blame the girl?  I think not. I picked her up from school, and the minute she saw me walk through the office doors she burst into tears.  Her chin was pretty scraped up to, which I think has bothered her more than her lip.  She enjoyed her afternoon home (and the next day off school too). 
Still stealing lollipops.
Still lining things up!

Almost two years old and I still get to rock him to sleep (sometimes). 
Still lining things up!
Playing with Grace at Chuck E Cheese.  She really is the best with him.  I love to watch the two of them together.
Playing with Luke.  He loves Matthew so much too.  I love how good they are with him. 

We actually had a week where there weren't too many appointments.  Matthew's therapy was cancelled due to the therapist having the flu.  Our van still isn't fixed and still currently in the shop.  I was quite frustrated at the amount of time it was taking.  Apparently the painter had the flu too (going around).  So the body shop rented us a van (free of charge) for the remainder of the repair.  I really appreciated the gesture and promptly picked up my rental van.  It is nice to not have to crawl into the truck to buckle car seats.  Hopefully (fingers crossed) our van will be completed Monday.  They've had it nearly two weeks. 

I am happy to report that we are all mostly well.  A few coughs but no one is down or has a fever. This week the kids have worked on a lot of school projects. Miss B had a book talk.  She choose Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse.  She brought in her Barbie dream car with Ken and Barbie.  I wish I could have seen it.  The night before I asked her if she wanted to practice what she wanted to say.  She told me "nope".  "Its my favorite book mom.  I am just going to talk about my favorite part and read some from the book."  OK.  I am glad she is confident.  

Luke had a big revolutionary war timeline that needed to be completed. He finished it up last night.  It was a big project and he worked very hard on it.  It was also really awesome to see how the learning that he is doing in humanities is carrying over to his trip to DC with the 8th grade.  These places and events on his timeline are things that he will get to see in person.  I am very excited for him! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...