Friday, January 26, 2018

Week 4 @ The Dahlhouse: Meetings & Projects & Trucks

Week 4 at the Dahlhouse was hard week.  Some weeks just are.  So much going on and trying to hold down the house while Mark is busy working (traveling) can take it's toll after a while.  My Monday was insane and there were moments where I wasn't sure if we were all going to make it though.  I found this quote that is so true.  On Monday I was a little bit of everything all rolled into one mom.  
Monday I had a big meeting for Luke at his school.  It wasn't because anything was going wrong, but because sometimes you just are hoping things can be better, and hopeful everyone can be on the same page.  No matter how many of these meetings I sit in over the years, they are never easy.  Even when you are all on the same side.  A lot of meetings feel like "us vs. them."  However, I am happy that this meeting was...them with us...working with us...to make sure everyone was up to date on Luke.  Monday, Mark was in Pasco, so I was flying solo on this meeting.  Mark is my rock and it's difficult to go to these meetings without him.  He is incredible source of support.  Luke's tutor; however, was an amazing support and additional advocate for Luke.  I was so thankful she was there.  I did well...despite choking back some tears at times.  I surely didn't want to cry, although I easily could have.  Even though I know all the truth about Luke and his special needs...it is never easy to hear others talk about it.  I keep going...one foot in front of the other.  Advocate...advocate...advocate his worth.
Birthday prep is underway during this week at the Dahlhouse.  I can hardly believe this little guy is going to turn two in just a few weeks.  Seriously...where has the time gone.  It has flown by.  I am really enjoying this stage.  He is funny, opinionated, strong willed, sweet, loveable, has his own personality and likes...he is joy!
Matthew LOVES his trucks!  I am so excited he is getting his two year pictures taken this next week with our favorite photographer: Brienne Kristen Photography.  And the theme will be....you guessed it "TRUCKS!"  I was looking through the newborn pictures she took of Man Cub (2 years ago) and can hardly believe he was that small.   






Projects were accomplished this week.  Luke completed his Revolutionary War Timeline.  It was a major class project for Humanities; but Luke did an amazing job.  I am very proud.  He made it out of sheetrock.  I am also excited that he will be getting to see these places when he goes on the DC Trip.
This is what was happening when I was working with Luke and not paying attention to Man Cub's every move.  Goldfish, board games and toys!


His favorite toys are anything with wheels!  He will say "choo-choo," "car," and "bus".
Grace had an ortho appointment this week.  Braces are getting closer and closer for her.  She is excited to get her teeth her fixed.  I know it will give her more confidence.  
I found this little gem when I was cleaning out the diaper bag.  Seriously!  This girl!!!  I LOVE her!!! It's glamor shots at Chuck E Cheese.
 Brother bonding.
Mark and I went to the Portland Auto Show this week and Man Cub tagged along.  Vehicles are another one of Matthew's love languages.  He LOVED getting in and out of all the cars.  He walked around saying "beep-beep".  People thought he was the cutest!   I agree.
We call this the "silent fit".  Matthew protests when he doesn't like something.  He doesn't yell or cry.  Just lays there and makes faces at you.  In this example we made him get out of the car and he didn't like that idea.  He went and laid down in the middle of the Toyota display.  Awesome.  We are obviously winning at this parenting thing.
I love this picture...we are in my dream car.  Someday!  It is a Land Rover Range Rover.  It was pretty much the best.  I am grateful for a busy, crazy, loud life, and to get to do the job of advocate for my kids.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...