Sunday, February 11, 2018

Week # 5 & 6 @ The Dahlhouse: Schedule Changes, Rabbit Show & A Birthday Party





















Weeks 5 & 6 are together for this update because my trusted, loved and well used PC decided to give me the "blue screen of death."  I have fiddled around with it for awhile; however, I have decided to let a good friend and computer genius have a go at it, and see if he can revive my good friend.  If not...{crying} I will be looking for a new PC. We've had our current one for 4 years, but I am not ready to part with it.  I love that computer.  But for the time being, I am currently attempting to make friends with my new laptop, which I have never really figured out.  Most of my pictures are all on the computer, so I have attempted to salvage a few from social media to make this update. 

Week 5 continued as normal.  It was mostly a quiet week.  Matthew had therapy, and continues to make progress on his speech.  He has begun to say a few phrases such as "play-it", "ready-set-doe", "bye-bye," "ba-ba," "puppies" (every animal is a puppies), "tank-u", "peeze," "nope", "daaaa-deee," "mommeee," waa-er," "beep-beeps," "bus," etc.  He has yet to really say a sentence or connect more than two words together.  Even the two words together is very far and few between.  I try not to worry too much and remind myself he is making progress.  I am still waiting for an occupational therapy evaluation.  His teacher therapist said that the waiting list is 4 months.  I've already been waiting 6 weeks.  I went this route because they told me it would be quicker.  Ha.  I have been thinking I am going to ask Matthew's pediatrician for a referral to Legacy for a "real" OT evaluation.  Like most things, you get what you pay for.  If I am going to pay for the therapy, I want it to be quality and I know it is at Legacy.

Yesterday our little Man Cub celebrated his 2nd birthday with a household of our family and very dear friends.  My heart was very full as I looked around the house at our friends and family.  What a blessing and support they are to me.  The theme for his bday was surprise..."Trucks".  I had fun decorating and coming up with ideas ( thank you Pinterest). 

Two weeks ago, Mark was asked to mentor in Longview/Kalama again.  We were shocked and overjoyed!! This position means a predictable schedule and set days off.  I can't explain how going from "no schedule" to a set schedule has changed my life.  It always does.  We had just completed 7 months of being essentially "on call" all the time to now having a schedule.  It's crazy.  The position is always temporary, mirroring the supply and demand of grain and other crops they need to ship through the port.  But I am believing for at least a few months of some peace and predictability.

Last weekend, two of the kiddos participated in a 4H rabbit show.  This was Luke's first time showing his rabbit as a senior.  This is the top class that Luke can compete in.  He was very nervous to say the least.  However, he did a fantastic job.  I had a very fun time hanging out and visiting with the other moms and taking a small break from the little 2 year old.  It was a great day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...