Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Work From Home Job...VIPKID One Year Later


Today I am celebrating my 1 year anniversary of working for VIPKID!  I can hardly believe that 365 days have flown by.  What an amazing opportunity and adventure this has been for this stay at home mama of four!  VIPKID is a company that pairs native English speaking teachers with Chinese students.  The students are taught in a full immersion English class; one-to-one.  The company has continued to grow over this past year.  When I was hired there were around 5,000 teachers.  That number has grown to nearly 20,000 teachers and 200,000 active students this past year.  I had the privilege of just signing my third contract.  Teachers are contracted for 6 month periods of time.

This is what my set up looked like in the very beginning (Jan 2017).  I was downstairs moving the computer back and forth between desks so I could use the wall for props.  It wasn't the most effective.  I can recall the heart banner falling down in the middle of a class.  LOL. And it got old real quick moving the computer back and forth. 

My next move was to our upstairs walk in closet.  I taught classes between February and July in the closet.  It was the perfect set up for awhile.  I could contain all of my things and shut the door so my kiddos couldn't "help" re-arrange my teaching materials.

I was very happy in my new space.  I got the swing of the program and began building a base of regular students.  I also enjoyed only being steps from my bedroom and sleeping kiddos.  

Props are a part of this job.  They help bring the curriculum alive for the students and enhance the lessons.  I think I really enjoy props.  I have a few! 
VIPKID is a very fun, young company to work for.  Here I was participating in a prop contest for the VIPKID Instagram account.  I didn't win this contest, but I have received $275 extra dollars for incentives and bonuses through the company this past year.  VIPKID sends teachers to China twice per year, and offers all sorts of fun prizes and incentives throughout the year.  
I enjoyed and currently enjoy designing and improving my virtual classroom.  I love being my own boss, setting my own schedule and hours.  The flexibility has been wonderful, and I mostly teach while my kiddos are sleeping.  You can see a glimpse of the platform.  The PowerPoint is on the left and video chatting with both of us would be on the right in the blue boxes.  There are currently 6 levels of certification in VIPKID.  Some of the levels are even interactive.
In July I made a move downstairs next to a window.  LOL.  After months in a stuffy closet, it was so nice to have airflow and fresh air.  The set up has allowed me to be closer to the router to plug in, and further away from those that wish to sleep.  LOL.

VIPKID has also allowed my children and I to experience and learn about a different culture.  They are always asking my questions about who I am teaching and what they are doing.  This little blonde cutie wants to visit China as much as I do.  
I think she might also aspire to be an online teacher.  I've caught her practicing many times.

I couldn't be more thrilled with this opportunity to really work from home, in my PJ pants while my kids sleep.  I have been paid on time and correctly every month for the past year.  The money is direct deposited into my account the same time each month.  There are a few requirements that you need to be hired for this company.  You must have a 4 year degree (it doesn't have to be in education).  You also need to have a year experience teaching children.  You do NOT need a teaching certificate.  If you think this opportunity might work for you, I encourage you to try it out.  It has given our family a little bit of extra money each month.  You can visit the website here and apply VIPKID WEBSITE.  If you decided to sign up you can copy and paste my referral code.  I will get a small bonus if you apply and are hired.  Here is my referral code: https://t.vipkid.com.cn/?refereeId=3266666
I would also be available for anyone that has questions.  My email address is misscarissa@hotmail.com

This past year has been an exciting experience and I look forward to this next 365 days, as I start as a veteran teacher of VIPKID.  I can't wait to see how much more I grow.  Thank you VIPKID!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...