Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Week #11 @ The Dahlhouse

When we arrived home from our trip, I hit the ground running with our usual 9,000 appointments (or so it feels).  Grace had a dental appointment to get teeth pulled.  Baby teeth thank goodness, and the little Man Cub of course was in tow.  He enjoyed the dentist (coloring, cookies, and they even gave him a toy from the treasure chest for "being cute").

Luke was in DC this week.  The house was very quiet.  Luke's chaperone would send me pictures like this one...LOL.  It was a very fast paced trip with a lot to see and very little down town.  I am sure he was exhausted a lot.

The kiddos kept me hopping, especially the wee one.  He is into everything...especially the slide which he has named the "wee".  Not to be confused with the other "Wii" we have in the house.

This picture was really special.  Luke found my father's cousin on the Vietnam War Memorial Wall.  It has been about 5 years since the school had anyone do a name rubbing.  My father's cousin, Richard, was missing in action for a long time, but eventually the story of what happened was known. He was part of an elite squad that was shot down and several died.  I believe there were two who survived.  It was a special day for Luke.


It took a lot for this mama's heart to let him go.  Not only feelings of letting your child go to the other side of the country without you, but add the layer of a child with special needs.  Ultimately, I didn't want to put limitations on Luke, or hold him back because of my own fear of the "what ifs".  It took a village to make this trip happen, and I am so glad for all the work that was put into it by so many people.  And for a principal that took 10 days off from his "regular job" to go and be there for my son, so that he could have a "typical" experience...a thousand thank yous just isn't enough.
Free coffee Friday.  Always worth mentioning.  PS. if you are local you should really try Fairway Coffee...seriously it is my fav!

Back at it...the students finally made their way back after the Chinese New Year!
He loves to brush his teeth.  One out of four isn't bad, right?!?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...