Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Week #13 @ The Dahlhouse

Week #13 had us volunteering on Sunday morning in nursery.  I adore this picture of Luke.  He is surrounded by the babes, and reading them stories.  To watch Luke in this role is emotional for me.  So much of the world is so difficult for him, but here...on the floor in nursery...the babes don't care about personal space, ability and focus.  They care that he is paying attention to them and they.eat.it.up!  Luke really has an amazing heart for others.  Most Sunday mornings you will find him here, in the nursery.  It is an area that he excels at.  And Luke needs more of that in his life.
She loves her some Disney dolls.



I visited B at school to have lunch with her in honor of her turning 8!  How is she that old???


I was able to escape to downtown Portland one last time to have lunch with mother before she retires.  We ate at the Portland City Grill overlooking downtown.  I can hardly believe her career at the law firm is over.  I started thinking about all the lunches we have had over the years.  Many, many lunches.  After we were finished, we took a walk to Pioneer Courthouse square and found my dad's brick that mom had made as a kind of memorial to him.  As a child, I have to say, it is very difficult not to have a final resting place to visit dad.  I guess in someway we do...it is just not super convenient to get there.  We spread his ashes in Maui.  You can read about my struggle missing my dad here.  Many I really, really miss him.

After a very long time of searching, I finally found a milk product that Matthew can drink without it upsetting his stomach.  I am happy to report he is finally off all soy milk.  This ultra-filtered milk has been just thing.







Easter didn't end up being the celebration I had hoped.  I was happy that we did get to go to my mom's house on Saturday afternoon; however, Sunday the weather was awful and I had 2 sick kids and a sick husband.  His allergies were awful.  So we cancelled our plans for Sunday afternoon and stayed inside.  It wasn't the kick off to spring break that I had hoped for, but sometimes you just have to be flexible.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...