Monday, September 29, 2008

September 29, 2002


Zachary Ryan was born too soon 6 years ago today at 11 weeks, 3 days. I was looking beyond the trees outside during our recess and I could see the tops of Southwest Washington Medical Center. It is a date that marks many things to which I measure myself. It began my infertility. It awoke in me a strong desire to be a mother. It left me a complete mess. I grieved so hard for losing a baby. I was entered into a world that now included the term "miscarriage". I also began documenting my experiences becoming a mother. Little did I realize how long I would be documenting.

(Luke only one day old)



What I didn't know then what I know now, is Luke is the same age that Zachary would be. Zachary was due April 10, 2003. Luke was born March 22, 2003. Every time I look at Luke I am comforted by the thought that sometimes the Lord truly does give and take away.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...