Friday, January 29, 2010

4 Years Ago

I was talking with my sister Audra on the phone last night, and she reminded me that they just celebrated their 4 year wedding anniversary. My first thought was "I totally spaced it" (what a good sister am I) which I aplogized for (pregnancy brain), and my second thought was I can't believe it has been 4 years. Luke was 2 years old in their wedding. The above picture is him as a ring bearer in Uncle Thom and Aunt Audra's wedding. I can't believe he was that little. Time really does go by so fast. He is almost 7 years old now.

This is Grace 4 years ago, on the day we welcomed her home (well this picture was actually taken in March) but close enough. I can see the mischievousness in her eyes even at 13 months old. She is almost 5 years old now. The one thing I do know...when this new baby arrives, I am going to blink and she is going to be 13 months old. I keep thinking...how do you slow time down to enjoy every second? I don't want to miss a thing. That is why today I officially resigned .5 of my teaching position. I will continue as a half-time employee of the Vancouver School District, but officially give up half of my position. Technically this year I was on leave from half my position. I thought I had one more year I could take on leave before "officially resigning", but I thought I wrong. Oh well.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...