Friday, February 25, 2011

We Have One Life.... Do Something


Today and tomorrow, Mark and I are leading our youth in World Vision's 30 Hour Famine. This will be our 4th year leading the event and probably our 8th time participating. This year's planning has left me an emotional mess at times, as I have grieved in my heart for these children. It is such a simple solution. A problem that is 100% preventable. Unfortunately 24,000 children die each day. And 24,000 died yesterday and will die tomorrow. But today...I choose to do something about it. I will stand up for those kiddos that are in desperate need of food. That is why I organize this event for our youth group. To make a difference. Last year our group raised almost 1800 dollars. That made the different in the lives of 6 kids. That money fed those 6 kids for a year. This year our goal is 2000 dollars. I am excited for this weekend and to see the lives of the kids in our youth group changed and the lives of kids across the globe changed.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...