Thursday, March 9, 2017

Work From Home Job...VIPKID Teaching Chinese Students Online


In January, I began a new adventure!  Never in a million years did I think that I would work for an online company.  But in an effort to have an open mind, I decided to apply for VIPKID after thinking about it for several months.  I interviewed, and had my mock lesson interview and was hired all online!  VIPKID is a company that matches American teachers with Chinese students for one-to-one tutoring.  It is done completely online!  I filled out all my paperwork, provided tax documents, teaching license and diploma.  After working for VIPKID for two months, I am happy to report I absolutely LOVE it, and I have been paid on time each month!

The Chinese students are amazing!!!  I love getting a small glimpse into their lives all the way around the world in Beijing, China.  All VIPKID teachers wear orange shirts.  It is kind of our uniform and an easy way for the students to identify us.  I have been able to get some of my teaching things out of storage and use them again.  I use A LOT of props in my teaching...puppets, bubbles, foam letters, flashcards, plastic fruit and veggies, board books, posters, white boards, finger puppets, toy vehicles...well...you get the idea.  I began with my virtual classroom set up down stairs, but due to times I was teaching and the longing for a permanent place, I moved into our closet and set up my classroom!

Here is the view you have when walking through the door of our closet.  Usually the computer is on the center of the desk, but I am having to move it up and down the stairs a couple of times a week.  Hopefully I will be able to get a laptop soon so I don't have to move the PC.  My "classroom" was decorated for Valentine's day, but if you glimpsed in today it is decorated for St. Patty's day.
Bella  LOVES all the teacher stuff I have out.  I occasionally will find her in my "office" with her teaching away to imaginary students.  She also likes to leave me notes!


This is my view from my desk when I sit down to teach.  Lots of props around and you can get a glimpse of what the program looks like.  The student will eventually appear in the top box and I will be in the bottom box.  The curriculum is off to the left and is in a PowerPoint format; however, the screen is able to be written on.  Pretty amazing.  In my two months with VIPKID, I have been VERY impressed with the job and opportunity.  If you would like to work for this great company you can apply at VIPKID WEBSITE.  Also you can tell them I sent you by using my referral code if you would like.  MY CODE  https://t.vipkid.com.cn/?refereeId=3266666

This opportunity has been really great for me.  I teach mainly when my kids are in bed for the evening and a couple early mornings.  It's giving me a chance to contribute.  In January, I only taught 6 classes, but in February I taught 31 classes.  I am aiming for 45 classes this month.  As you gain new students, your schedule begins to fill.  You set your own hours...no minimum hours either.  You do need a bachelor's degree and some experience working with children.  A teaching license is helpful but not necessary.  If you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer them.  Just send along an email and I will get back to you!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...